Dewan Abdul Gani College
has constituted an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
as per the recommendations of UGC and Section 4(1) of the sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
The ICC ensures an environment free of sexual harassment and threats gender-based violence. It adopts a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual misconduct — whether explicit or implicit — and also provides support to those who are either studying or working in the institute by promptly addressing complaints of sexual harassment or misconduct (if any).
1. provide a safe and healthy environment that is conducive to teaching-learning.
2. receive any complaint pertaining to sexual harassment or misconduct from students/ staff.
3. conduct timely and systematic inquiries free of any prejudice and submit reports based on grievances/ complaints to the competent authority.
4. maintain strict confidentiality as to the details of the complaint/s and/or the aggrieved student's/ staff's particulars.
Procedure for Filing a Complaint with ICC
Timeline for Complaints
- All complaints of sexual harassment / misconduct MUST be either hand-written or typed on paper.
2. The precise nature of the complaint (date, location, time etc.) should be clearly specified.
3. The complaint MUST NOT be anonymous.
4. According to the Act the aggrieved individual
4. As per stipulation laid down in the Act, the aggrieved student/staff is advised to submit a written/typed complaint to the HOI within a period of three months from the date of incident and in case of a series of incidents, within a period of three months from the date of the last incident.
- Submission of Complaint - Within 3 months of the last incident
- Notice to the Respondent - Within 7 days of receiving copy of the complaint
- Completion of Inquiry - Within 90 days
- Submission of Report by ICC/ LCC to employer/ DO - Within 10 days of the completion of the inquiry
- Implementation of Recommendations - Within 60 days
- Appeal - Within 90 days of the recommendations
Chhahir Ali Miah (Teacher-in-Charge)
Shri Swapan Saha (Convenor)
Dr. Munirul Islam (IQAC Coordinator)
Smt. Mousumi Adhikary
Shri Aniruddha Maitra
Shri Ratan Chandra Barman
Shri Subrata Ghosh
Handbook on Sexual Harassment